What are Projects?
Anima projects are your way to share Prototypes and Design Specs.
Your projects are available at projects.animaapp.com
In this guide, we will learn how:
- Create a Team
- Create a Project
- Sync design to Project
- Invite members to collaborate
- Assign Member Access Levels
- Design file in Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma.
- Anima plugin for Sketch, Anima plugin for Adobe XD, or Anima plugin for Figma
Step 1: Create a Team
Anima automatically creates a team for you upon sign up but if you wish to create a new one:
- In the Anima web app, click "Create New Team" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Give the Team a name and click Create Team.
Step 2: Create a Project:
Now that you have a Team in the Anima web app, we are going to add a Project where other Members can join it and collaborate.
- After Creating a Team, click "New Project" from the top right corner
- Give the project a Name and click ‘Create Project’
Step 3: Sync Design to Anima Project
IMPORTANT: Your team members will not see your design updates until you sync the design document to the Anima Project.
This can only be done from within your design tool using the Anima plugin:
- Learn to Preview and Sync a Project from Sketch
- Learn to Preview and Sync a Project from Adobe XD
- How to Preview and Sync a Project from Figma
The chart below explains who can see and edit your work:
Step 4: Add Members to Your Team
- In the Anima web app, select your Team from the Sidebar
- Click "Invite" from the top of the dashboard
- Select the Access level from the dropdown menu (Explained in Step 5)
- Generate an Invite Link or send them an invitation using their email address.
Step 5: Manage Access Levels
Notice that you can set different Access Levels to your Team Members:
- Go to your Projects
- Select your Team from the sidebar
- Click more options (…) in the top right corner and select the Members tab
- Here you can add or edit members. Click on the pencil icon next to the person you want to edit
- Collaborators are paid seats who can run the prototype, leave comments, publish and export designs.
- Viewers are free seats that can only preview projects and leave comments (both required Anima accounts).
Sharing Project Outside of Your Team
In your project click on "Share" in the top right corner and select to invite them as team members, guests or with a public link:
Team Members: This person will be invited to join the team and all the projects inside it. Collaborators are paid seats who can run the prototype, leave comments, publish and export designs. Viewers are free seats that can only preview projects and leave comments (both required Anima accounts).
Guests: This person will only be able to see the specific project you are inviting them to. They do not have access to the Subscription or other Account Settings. (Anima account required)
Public Link: Share your project as a website (Anima account not required)
Your project is private to you, to the team you've shared it with, and the collaborators you've invited.
Create your First Prototype!
Now that you've mastered Projects, it's time to create your first Prototype! Here's an Introduction to Prototypes.