It's Time to Collaborate
Once you are happy with your design in Sketch and want to start collaborating with others, how do you share your work?
With Anima, you can share a Project, create Teams, assign different Access Levels, receive feedback as Comments, and more, all in one place.
In this guide, we are to learn to how to collaborate on the High-Fidelity Prototype we created in the previous guide.
Steps we will be taking throughout this guide:
- Creating a Project
- Sync Project to a Team
- Inviting Members to Join the Team
- Assigning Member Access Levels
- A Sketch File
- Anima Sketch Plugin (Get it after signup)
Step 1: Create a Project
- Click Preview in Browser from the Anima Panel
- The first time you do this, you will see the choice to create a new Project or add it to an already existing Project
- Name the new Project
- Select an existing Team from the Owner drop-down list or create a new Team (Step 2: Creating a Team)
- Click ‘Create’
ℹ️ Tips: Drafts
- Each time you “Preview in Browser”, Anima creates a Draft of your work
- Drafts are only visible to you
- You can keep working on your Draft without affecting the live prototype until you Sync again
- Personal is a workspace for personal use. Examples: Projects outside of work
Step 2: Create a Team:
Now that you have a Project, we are going to add it to a Team where other Members can see it and collaborate.
There are two ways to create a new Team:
1. Via Sketch:
- Click Preview in Browser from the Anima panel
- Open the Owner drop-down list
- Select a Team or ‘Create a New Team’ if Team does not exist yet
- In the browser, name your new Team and click ‘Create Team’
- Go back to Sketch and select the new created Team from the Owner drop-down list
2. Via Projects
- In your Projects Dashboard, open the drop-down menu that says ‘Personal’
- Select ‘Create new team’
- Name Team and click ‘Create Team’
Step 3: Add Members to Your Team
Ways you can invite Members to join your Team:
- When you create a Team in Sketch (Step 2: Creating a Team)
- Or, clicking Sync & Share when you create a Preview in Browser in Sketch
Via Team Settings:
- In Projects, select a your Team’s name from drop-down list on the top left corner
- Click more options (…) on the top right corner and select Team Settings
- Go to the Members tab
- Click ‘Add Members’
- Clicking Share on the Project preview
Step 4: Sync Project to a Team
- Members will not see your design changes until you Sync your Draft with the rest of the Team.
In this step, we are going to Sync your design Draft so everyone you added to the Team can see your changes.
- Click Sync in the Export tab of the Anima panel
Via Preview in Browser
- Click “Sync“ when you create a new Preview in Browser
Step 5: Assigning Member Access Levels
Notice that you can set different Access Levels to your Team Members.
The chart below explains who can see and edit your work.Learn to Manage Access Levels
When viewing the Prototype in the browser, click on the Dialog Icon to leave Comments and feedback.
Sharing Project Outside of Your Team
Create a Public Link to share and invite others that are not in your team (i.e. Stakeholders, Marketing Department).
- In Sketch, click Preview in Browser in the Anima panel
- Click Share. This will direct you to the Team options
- Enable and copy a Public Link to share with anyone