Text Inputs & Forms
What are Text Input & Forms?
Text Input and Forms allow visitors of the website to type text and submit information such as their contact information.
A Form is composed of:
- Text Inputs - One or more Text Input layers
- Submit Button - One Submit Button layer
- Email - (optional) - Email address to send notifications when visitors submit information
- Spreadsheet - (optional) A name for a Spreadsheet which you can view and download as CSV of all the entries
- Success Page - (optional) Where to redirect visitor once their submission has been successful
- Failure Page - (optional) Where to redirect visitor in case their submission failed
How To Create a Form
First, create Text Fields where users will type their information:
- Select the text input fields where you want users to type their information
- In Prototype, expand the Smart Layers section and click on Forms
- Select “Text Input“ from the drop-down options
Then create a Submit Button:
- Select the button component
- Go to Forms in Smart Layers
- Select “Submit Button“ from the drop-down options
- (Optional) Enter Email address to send notifications when visitors submit information
- (Optional) Name for a Spreadsheet which you can view and download as CSV of all the entries
- (Optional) Select a Success Page where to redirect visitor once their submission has been successful
- (Optional) Select a Failure Page where to redirect visitor in case their submission failed
- ❗️Forms only work for sites being hosted with Anima.
Download Form Submissions
To download the information your users submitted, go to your Project’s Settings, and at the bottom of the Website tab, you will find the download button:
Get started with these tutorials:
- Creating a High-Fidelity Prototyping in Sketch
- How to Publish a Website and Host it With Anima
- How to Handoff Design Specs to Developers
- How to Export Sketch to HTML
- Team Collaboration
We’re super excited to have you trying it out and hearing your feedback.