In this guide we will go over the different Access Levels and Roles you can assign to your Team Members.
Please follow this guide to learn how you can share a Project, create Teams, and invite member to collaborate.
Each team member is assigned with both a Role and an Access Level:
The available Roles are:
The available Access Levels are:
- Contributors can Sync design files to projects and require paid seats
- Viewers on the other hand can only view and comment on Projects, and are free of charge
- A person can be the Owner of a team with an Access Level of Viewer. This is suitable for a manager that wants to create a Team but does not need to contribute to the design work and therefore doesn't need a paid seat
- A designer wants to invite developers to view a prototype. The developers will only run the prototype but will not change it. By inviting the developers as Viewers, no extra paid seats are needed
Besides you, there are two Access Level types are available for each person invited to a Project with Anima.
- Viewer are free and unlimited. Each Viewer can view Projects and comment. They can also export files.
- Contributor are priced per person. They can edit designs, create prototypes, previews, and publish. Each contributor requires a paid seat.
Three types of roles are available to assign to each Viewer or Contributor that is part of an organization. One type of role can be assigned per seat.
- Owners are responsible for managing Projects and Teams in an organization.
- Owners can delete a project, manage approval for new Contributor seats, billing, integration, organization details, etc.
An Owner can occupy a Viewer or a Contributor seat.
- Owner Viewers often represent an organization as a member of management, finance, or IT. They help ensure your organization can smoothly update billing details or manage employee access at no additional cost
- Owner Contributors are able to manage the account and work on Projects alongside the team. They are most often department heads or team managers that run a design team
- Admins can do everything the Owner can except for deleting Projects.
- Admins are typically company employees who have access to Team Projects within an organization.
Admins can occupy a Viewer or a Contributor seat.
- Admin Viewers are great for teams that collaborate across departments. Typically, Admin Viewers who join an organization are from engineering, product, support, or marketing teams where stakeholder input is needed on design work
- Admin Contributors have access to all Team Projects within an organization and are able to edit and manage design work. Typically, these people are on the design team
- Members have access to one or more Projects they’ve specifically been invited to.
- Members do not automatically have access to all Team Projects within an organization. Members must be invited to specific Team Projects.
Members can occupy a Viewer or a Contributor seat.
- Member Viewers are great for organizations that need to provide design visibility to stakeholders outside their company. Most often, Members Viewers are clients with access to a Project where they can comment, review, or export work
- Members Contributors are able to access work in specific Projects they’ve been invited to. Typically, Members Contributors are contractors or clients who collaborate and contribute to design work
Edit Roles or Access Levels
As an Owner, you can change or delete Access Levels and Roles for your Team from one place:
- Go to your Projects
- Find and select your Team's name from the drop-down list in the top left corner
- Click more options (...) in the top right corner and select Team Settings
- Go to the Members tab and click on the Pencil icon next to the person you want to edit
- Introducing Team Collaboration 🆕
- All You Need to Know About Anima v3 Beta 🆕
- How to Create a High-Fidelity Prototype in Sketch Using Anima
- How to Handoff Design Specs to Developers