How It Works
OK, you have created a beautiful responsive and interactive website or High-Fidelity Prototype in Sketch and can't wait to share your master piece with the world... but now what?
With Anima, you can publish your website in 3 easy steps:
- Create a Draft
- Sync Draft
- Publish Your Website
You design in Sketch, and we take care of the rest:
What you need
- Your beautiful design
Here's a short tutorial on creating a landing page in Sketch
- An Anima Pro Subscription (Free Subscriptions display a “Powered by Anima” banner)
- A Custom Domain (Optional)
Step 1: Your Design is Ready? Let's Preview it!
Once you have created your website, click Preview in Browser to verify that the website looks as desired.
This will create a Draft of your design that only you can see.
- Each Draft has its own version number, for example Draft v25, which increments every time you create a Preview in Browser
- You can create as many Drafts as you want
- You can always roll-back the live version to a previous Draft
- Only you can see and edit your Drafts until you Sync it
As shown in the chart above, Sync will make your Draft visible to everyone in your Team. Learn how to Manage Access Levels.
Step 2: Syncing a Draft
Once you are happy with how your site looks, you need to Sync your Draft to a Project.
Sync Via Draft Preview:
- After you create a Draft, click Sync in the top right corner
Sync Via Sketch:
- Go to the Anima Panel > Exprot > Sync > Select Project/Owner
Step 3: 🌎 Publishing Your Website
Now that your website is Sync’d, you have two publishing options:
- Get a free Anima Public Link
- Or, publish to your own Custom Domain:
Get an Anima Public Link:
- After you Sync your Draft, click Share. This will direct you to the Team options
- Enable and copy a Public Link to share with anyone
Publish to Your Own Domain (Pro Plans only)
- We are not a Custom Domain provider. You first need to get a domain from GoDaddy, Google Domains, or any domain provider.
- Follow this guide to create a CNAME record that points your domain to our servers
- Next, go to your Website Settings and click Add Domain
- Enter domain and click Add
- In the top right corner of the Website Settings page, click on Publish to www.yourdomain.com